Classic Motocross is open to bikes from pre-1965 up to pre-1978, including Evolution (Note: Evolution is any bike with twin shocks, no water cooling or disc brakes, no upside down forks).
The main competition for Classic Motocross is the annual Interclub Series. The Classic MX Interclub Series is held at different Motocross tracks or natural terrain tracks across Victoria, and usually consists of six (6) rounds.
The classes that are raced are:
- Pre-65; pre-70, pre-75 – 125, 250, 300 & over; pre-78 and Evolution
- 50 years and over (pre-75 EVO)
- Expert and non-expert classes (pre-75 EVO)
- Four strokes (pre-65-75)
What do I need to go racing?
To race Classic Motocross, there are four (4) main things that you will require before you get started:
- You will need to register will the Victorian Classic Motocross Committee – You can download a registration form HERE
The cost of registering is $35.00.
For this you will receive emails informing you of up & coming races, your registered race number, entry forms, map to tracks and become eligible for end of season trophies.
- You must be a member of one of the invited clubs (you may be able to get a day membership from the host club depending on the host clubs constitution)
Invited clubs are:
Ballarat Rovers Motorcycle Club Bairnsdale Motocross Club Bendigo Motorcycle Club BlueRock Motorcycle Club Classic Scramble Motorcycle Club Corner Inlet Motocross Club Corner Inlet Motorcycle Club Dandenong Motocross Club East Malvern Motorcycle Club Goulburn Valley Motorcycle Club Korumburra Motocross Club Maffra / Sale Motocross Club Motorcycle Racing Club of Victoria (MCRCV) Quad Riders of Victoria Rosebud Districts Motorcycle Club Traralgon Motorcycles Club Viper Vintage Motorcycle Club Yarram Motocross Club.
For all club contact contact details and information please see the Club Directory.
- You will need to have a Senior National Competition licence (one day licenses are available at events).
Recreational licences will not be accepted.
Unfortunately Junior riders are not permitted to participate in Classic Motocross events.
- Have a pre-65 to pre-78 bike, or an Evolution bike.