Come and Try
To host a Come & Try day at your club, you must be Affiliated with Motorcycling Victoria.
Come & Try days are designed to introduce new riders and families to the Sport.
To support this initiative Motorcycling Victoria offer our Clubs 2 x FREE Come and Try days each year, where we will waive the Permit fee and Rider Levies.
In addition to this we provide the Club who is hosting the event with Come & Try licences for all new riders.
Rider can then submit the supplied application form to Motorcycling Victoria to receive a FREE 3 Month Recreation Licence.
To support our clubs and get as many new people to the Day, we also have a range of template Promotional items for use to promote the event.
Keep in mind that when planning a Come & Try day at your club you will need to submit a Permit Application, at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
Motorcycling Victoria – Come & Try Guidelines
CLUBS should contact Motorcycling Victoria at least one month prior to any Come & Try Day being hosted so that local schools in the area can be contacted and a poster can be created for the club.
The below outlines the 2019 Guidelines for MV affiliated clubs wishing to run Come & Try Days.
Any breach of these guidelines may result in the forfeiture of the clubs right to host another Come & Try Day for the remainder of that affiliated year.
- Every Motorcycling Victoria (MV) affiliated club is encouraged to run two (2) Come & Try days each year. MV offer these at no charge (No charge for the Permit Fee and Rider Levies)
- Come & Try Days are designed to introduce new riders to motorcycle sport, and each new rider will be issues with a FREE 3 Month Recreation Licence at the Event (and by MV upon application)
- Come & Try Days are not to be used by Clubs as Recreation or Practice Day for existing or past MA Licence holders. **The club is able to have current licence holders on track to act as sweep riders/helpers/guides on the track for those Come & Try
- Clubs are encouraged to apply for a Come & Try Day permit four weeks prior to the event. This can be done through RiderNet, or by completing the Non-Comp Permit Application form and sending it to your nominated representative at MV.
- A Come & Try Day MUST have at least a Level 2 Steward in attendance before it can begin. If a Coaching Session is also included a Level 1 Coach must also be on hand. A Club Coach/Level 0 Coach can be on hand if it is simply Kick Start Coaching taking
- Permits will only be issued to events held at a MV Licenced Track or Venue.
- Come & Try Licence Books must be used for these events to ensure all riders are covered with insurance. These licence books are free to the Club. Come & Try Licence Books should be ordered from MV when completing the Permit Application.
- All riders, officials and coaches MUST sign the Indemnity Form on the
- The Non-Competition Event Report must be completed and sent to MV within five working days (as well as any Injury Reports, if applicable), along with the green copies from the licence books that were used on the
If you are unsure who your MV representative is please email your permit application or any queries to email@example.com and this will be forwarded on for you.
Download a copy of the 2019 Come & Try Guidelines here