COME & TRY DAYS
The following represents the Guidelines for MV affiliated clubs wishing to conduct Come & Try Days:
Come & Try Days are designed to introduce new riders to motorcycle sport and thus are not suitable for riders who have held a MA Competition, Annual Recreation or Mini Licence. Come & Try Days are to expose new riders to motorcycle sport and recreation.
- A club can conduct as many Come & Try Days throughout a year as they wish.
- An affiliated club is allowed two FREE Come & Try Day permits with affiliation each year. Cost for any additional Come & Try Day is $120, normal permit fee, per permit.
- Clubs will need to apply for a Come & Try Day using the Non-Competition Permit Application Form found on the “Forms” page of the MV Website.
- Riders participating in a Come & Try session MUST NOT hold a current, or previously held a MA Competition, Annual Recreation or Mini Licence. **The club is able to have currently licenced riders/members on track to act as sweep riders/helpers/guides on the track for those Come & Try riders.
- Come & Try Licence Books must be used for this event for insurance coverage. Come & Try Licence Books are FREE to the Club and to the Come & Try Riders. These books must be ordered from MV prior to the event taking place.
- Permits for Come & Try Days will only be issued to be conducted at licenced tracks or registered venues.
- A Come & Try Day MUST have at least a Level 2 Steward in attendance before it can begin. If a Coaching Session is also included a Level 1 Coach must also be on hand. A Club Coach/Level 0 Coach can be on hand if it is simply Kick Start Coaching taking place.
- All riders, officials and coaches MUST sign the Indemnity Form on the day.
- The hosting club MUST complete a Non-Competition Report and return to MV within five working days (as well as any Injury Reports, if applicable), along with the green copies from the licence books that were used on the day.
- Any breach of these guidelines may result in the forfeiture of the clubs right to host another Come & Try Day for the remainder of that affiliated year.
For all Come & Try Days MV is offering a FREE Recreation or Mini Licence to those riders who have never held a MA/MV Licence in past. Riders who have previously held an Annual Competition or Recreation licence are not eligible for a FREE licence.
CLUBS should contact Motorcycling Victoria at least a month prior to any Come & Try Day being hosted so that local schools in the area can be contacted and a poster can be created for the club.
Contact email@example.com to submit the Permit Application and request Licence Books to be sent out to the club – again, at least a month prior to the date of the event.
Apply to run a Come & Try Day