Come and Try
To host a Come & Try day at your club, you must be Affiliated with Motorcycling Victoria.
Come & Try days are designed to introduce new riders and families to the Sport.
To support this initiative Motorcycling Victoria offer our Clubs 2 x FREE Come and Try days each year, where we will waive the Permit fee and Rider Levies.
In addition to this we provide the Club who is hosting the event with Come & Try licences for all new riders.
Rider’s will be given a Come & Try Licence slip at the event, and Motorcycling Victoria will process your FREE 3 Month Recreation Licence after the club has returned the licence books.
To support our clubs and get as many new people to the Day, we also have a range of template Promotional items for use to promote the event.
Keep in mind that when planning a Come & Try day at your club you will need to submit a Permit Application, at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
Motorcycling Victoria – Come & Try Guidelines
CLUBS should contact Motorcycling Victoria at least one month prior to any Come & Try Day being hosted so that local schools in the area can be contacted and a poster can be created for the club.
The below outlines the Guidelines for clubs wishing to run Come & Try Days.
Any breach of these guidelines may result in the forfeiture of the clubs right to host another Come & Try Day for the remainder of that affiliated year.
- Every Motorcycling Victoria (MV) affiliated club is encouraged to run two (2) Come & Try days each year.
- These are offered with no charge (No charge for the Permit Fee and Rider Levies)
- Come & Try Days are designed to introduce new riders to motorcycle sport
- Each new rider will be issued with a FREE Come and Try Licence at the Event
- Come & Try Days are not to be used by Clubs as Recreation or Practice Day for existing or past MA Licence holders.
- Clubs are encouraged to apply for a Come & Try Day permit four weeks prior to the event. This can be done through RiderNet, or by completing the Non-Comp Permit Application form
- A Come & Try Day MUST have at least a Level 2 Steward in attendance before it can begin.
- If a Coaching Session is also included a Level 1 Coach must also be on hand. A Club Coach/Level 0 Coach can be on hand if it is simply Kick Start Coaching taking
- Permits will only be issued to events held at a MV Licenced Track or Venue.
- Come & Try Licence Books must be used for these events to ensure all riders are covered with insurance. These licence books are free to the Club.
- Come & Try Licence Books should be ordered from MV when completing the Permit Application.
- All riders, officials and coaches MUST sign the Indemnity Form on the day
- The Non-Competition Event Report must be completed and submitted within five working days (as well as any Injury Reports, if applicable).
- Clubs must return the Licence Books to MV, and the riders Free 3 month licence will be processed using this.
Download a copy of the Come & Try Guidelines here