To conduct any meeting in Victoria you will be required to apply to Motorcycling Victoria (MV) for a Permit. It is important to remember that simply applying for and paying for a Permit does not give you permission to conduct an event. An event may only be conducted once you have received the Permit from Motorcycling Victoria. This Permit must be displayed at your event.
What is a Permit ?
A Permit is authority from MV on behalf of Motorcycling Australia (MA) to hold an event.
Why do I need a Permit ?
A Permit is needed to ensure the event is conducted under MV and MA rules and regulations. A Permit also ensures riders are covered under the Motorcycling Australia Insurance Policy and that the event is operated by licensed officials.
What type of permit do I need ?
The type of Permit you need is dependent on the type of event you wish to conduct.
There are different Permits for Open, Interclub and Club competitive events, as well as Permits for non-competitive events such as Practice Days and Ride Days. Permits must also be issued for any Coaching that takes place for the Junior Coaching Program.
If you are unsure on the type of Permit you need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How much will it cost ?
What is the ‘Bulk Permit’ system?
The ‘Bulk Permit’ System has been designed for clubs which wish to open on a regular weekly or bi-weekly basis. ‘Bulk Permits’ are significantly cheaper.
- Bulk permits are for NON-COMPETITION events ONLY e.g. practice days, coaching, working bees etc.
- The system is based on buying permits in bulk and paying in advance.
- A minimum of 15 permits needs to be purchased to be classed as ‘Bulk’, there is no maximum.
- These permits are valid for 12 months from the date of the first event.
- This worked out using a formula based on the number of club members you have. The formula is:
- Membership numbers x 4% x $15.00 = ‘Bulk Permit’ fee for single event x number of permits (min 15) = ‘Bulk Permit’ fee for year
- For example – 100 members x 4% x $15.00 = $60 ‘Bulk Permit’ fee for single event. That is a massive saving of 50% for club practice events and coaching compared to standard non-competition permit fees!
- Please note: There is a minimum permit cost of $40.00 per event
For further information on ‘Bulk Permits’ please contact email@example.com
General Club Forms, Guides & Manuals:
Track Forms – For clubs:
Track Inspections – For Venue Inspectors:
Permit Applications, Supplementary Regulations & Steward Nominations:
Supplementary Regulations & Entry Form Template (must accompany Permit Application for Competitive Events)
Steward Nomination Form (required for all Open Level Events – must accompany Supp Regs and Permit Application)
Indemnity & Declarations:
Clerk of Course Forms:
Sound Testing Log **To be created
Sound Emission Rule Breach **To be created
Breaches & Penalties:
Machine Examiners Report:
Competition Event Reports:
Non- Competition Reports: