To conduct any Motorcycle Sport meeting or event in Victoria you will need to have an approved MA Permit in place. The Permit must be on display at the event. Motorcycling Victoria Permit Guidelines can be found here
Motorcycling Victoria encourage all Clubs, Private Promoters and coaches to apply for Permits directly through RiderNet.
To find out more on how to do this, please call us on (03) 5784 2827.
What is a Permit ?
A Permit is the authority from Motorcycling Australia (MA) to hold an event, that is issued by your State Controlling body.
Why is a permit required?
Having a permit ensures that the Club, Officials, Volunteers and Riders are covered by the Motorcycling Australia Insurance Policy.
Having a Permit means the event organiser is reponsible for understanding and abiding by all Motorcycle Sport rules and regulations (see MoMS)
What type of permit do I need ?
The type of Permit you need is dependent on the type of event you wish to conduct.
There are different Permits for Open, Interclub and Club competitive events, as well as Permits for non-competitive events such as Practice Days and Ride Days. Permits must also be issued for any Coaching that takes place for the Junior Coaching Program.
see the permit guidelines for more information Here
What is the ‘Bulk Permit’ system?
The ‘Bulk Permit’ System has been designed for clubs which wish to open on a regular weekly or bi-weekly basis. ‘Bulk Permits’ are significantly cheaper.
- Bulk permits are for NON-COMPETITION events ONLY e.g. practice days, coaching, working bees etc.
- The system is based on buying permits in bulk and paying in advance.
- A minimum of 15 permits needs to be purchased to be classed as ‘Bulk’, there is no maximum.
- These permits are valid for 12 months from the date of the first event.
- This worked out using a formula based on the number of club members you have. The formula is:
- Membership numbers x 4% x $15.00 = ‘Bulk Permit’ fee for single event x number of permits (min 15) = ‘Bulk Permit’ fee for year
- For example – 100 members x 4% x $15.00 = $60 ‘Bulk Permit’ fee for single event.
- Please note: There is a minimum permit cost of $40.00 per event
For further information on ‘Bulk Permits’ please call us on (03) 5784 2827
Track & Venue Licensing Information and Forms
All information can be found here
All information can be found here
IMN Application & Guidelines:
If the event will have any International Riders, the event organiser is responsible for organising and apply for an IMN (Please allow 8 weeks for processing).
In addition to the above MA IMN Guidlines the FIM have created a further checklist that is required to host an event entered into the International Calendar, by way of the IMN.
Indemnity & Declarations:
The nominated Officials for the Event is responsible for completing the appropriate Event Reports.
The Steward for the Event is responsible for submitting a complete and collated report to Motorcycling Victoria at the conclusion of the event.
All Event Reports are due to Motorcycling Victoria no later than 5 days after the Event.
With this in mind Motorcycling Victoria, encourage Officials to scan and email reports to avoid any time delays in processing.
All forms and reports relevant to MV Officials can be located here
Please Note: Any Injury Reports are due the next day, and Serious Injury Reports are to be immediately submitted to Motorcycling Australia and Motorcycling Victoria, and followed up with a phone call to the Motorcycling Australia CEO.