Sporting Club Grants Now Open!
We want all Victorians to access the benefits of community-based sport and active recreation. Sporting Club Grants is open for applications until Wednesday 21 July 2022 at 5pm.
This round of the Sporting Club Grants Program has three funding categories:
Category 1: Up to $1,000 for Uniforms and Participation Equipment CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Category 2: Up to $5,000 for Skill Development courses for club officials, coaches, volunteers and administration staff CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Category 3: Up to $5,000 to support the Operational Capacity of organisations to operate more effectively in their community CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted from community-based organisations involved in the delivery of sport and active recreation opportunities in Victoria.
Applicants must be non-government, not-for-profit, operating in Victoria and registered as one of the following entities:
- an incorporated association; or
- a company limited by guarantee; or
- an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporation.
In addition, applicants must meet all additional eligibility criteria listed in section 2 of the Application Guidelines.
Organisations that are non-government, not-for-profit but do not meet any of the entity types listed above should refer to the Auspice Organisations section below.
BREAKDOWN OF FUNDING CATEGORIES
Category 1: Uniforms and Participation Equipment
Grants of up to $1,000 to purchase:
- Uniforms for teams or individuals
- Participation equipment which is used during physical participation in a sport or active recreation activity
- Safety, injury prevention and first-aid equipment.
Category 2: Skill Development
Grants of up to $2,000 (clubs, associations and leagues) or up to $5,000 (associations and leagues only) for projects, such as training courses, that improve the skills of coaches, officials, committee members and other volunteers.
Category 3: Operational Capacity
Grants of up to $5,000 to implement projects that:
- Improve the operational effectiveness and efficiency of organisations through strategic planning, or
- Increase community participation in sport and active recreation, particularly amongst under-represented groups.
For further information, you can head to https://sport.vic.gov.au/grants-and-funding/our-grants/sporting-club-grants-program