THE State Motorcycle Sports Complex at Broadford has undergone a litany of major improvements over the last few months and will be ready to host one of the biggest celebrations of classic motorcycles in the country – the 2017 Shannons Broadford Bike Bonanza – this Easter long weekend from Good Friday, April 14 to Easter Sunday, April 16.
Broadford’s Head Groundskeeper Darryl Brock says he and his team have been busy improving the State Motorcycle Sports Complex in an effort to make it look like a pristine golf course which every patron of Broadford could be immensely proud of.
Some of the most recent improvements of the State Motorcycle Sports Complex include:
– Refurbished motocross toilets (which now includes male and female sections)
– Hundreds of tonnes of dirt and soil added to improve layout of motocross track
– New camping area and potential helipad area at MX track
– New PeeWee track layout at junior MX track
– Refurbished toilets at Road Race Circuit
– New carpark signage to improve traffic flow at Road Race Circuit
– New Public Announcement speakers at Road Race Circuit
– New drainage system at the RR Circuit pit sheds to prevent flooding
– Refurbished sign-in room at Road Race Circuit
– Work underway for new viewing stands at Speedway/Dirt Track Circuit
– New children’s playground for Speedway/Dirt Track Circuit
– 250 trees have been planted around Broadford
– New water tanks
– Discovery of a natural spring at the Speedway/Dirt Track Circuit which will provide fresh water for track irrigation and toilet amenities
“The thing that I love most about working at Broadford is that every day knowing the team and I have made the place a little bit better than it was at the start of the day,” Darryl said.
“I want people who visit here to go home happy and see the great work that we’ve done,” Darryl said. “We noticed here that this grassy area near the speedway/dirt track circuit was quite damp during the summer months so we dug a small 10 foot by 10 foot a test hole and we’ve had sprinklers run through the whole area for two to three weeks and we can’t drop the water level,” Darryl said. “This will give us a constant clean, fresh water supply for irrigation and the toilets,” he added.
“We’ve got a really good crew here. They genuinely care about their job and the place here at Broadford. We’ve just done so many little improvements. It’s probably something visitors will never notice straightaway. We’ve picked up hundreds of rocks and twigs around the place that have been here for years. It just looks cleaner and we’ve tried to make it look like a pristine golf course,” Darryl added.
To look at some of the recent improvements made to Broadford please click here: http://bit.ly/2o4c2t0
To find out more about Broadford’s State Motorcycle Sports Complex please visit: https://www.motorcyclingvic.com.au/broadford/
To enter in the Broadford Bike Bonanza please visit here: The Shannons Insurance Broadford Bike Bonanza.