What happens when Rules are required to be added, amended or deleted with immediate effect?
There are times, especially at the start of a year, where a Rule will need amending or clarification, or even deleting with immediate impact on the current GCR's.
When this occurs the same process will take place as in the Rules & Rule Changes section, however, after the Boardís decision, a number of other things will occur:
- Initially, MA's Commissions and Committees Manager is informed that the a change needs to be noted and passes this information onto the MA Communications Department.
- The MA Communications Department will then draft a Media Release to inform the public of change.
- The draft Media Release will then be distributed - via MA's Commissions and Committees Manager - to the relevant Commission Chair and Commissioners in order that they can review the wording of the Media Release before it is made public.
- Changes to the Media Release can still be made at this point, with Commissioners to suggest appropriate amendments.
- Once approved through the Commission, the Media Release can then be distributed to the motorcycling public via email. This release will also be posted immediately onto the MA website.
- Furthermore, a one-page Rule Change Information Bulletin will be sent out to SCBís in order that they can forward it to affiliated clubs. This will be done via a standard Rule Change Information Bulletin template so that the club can post this information on their own relevant bulletin boards or websites. The Information Bulletins will also be posted onto the MA website here.
- There will be three types of Information Bulletin: Rule Change, Rule Deletion and Rule Addition.
- Clubs will have then the right to respond and give feedback regarding these changes by submitting written feedback to a Commission via MA's Commissions and Committees Manager.