1) What is your current role within motorcycling?
Level 2 Accredited Coach. MNSW Board of Directors. MNSW Coaching Advisory Committee.
2) How long have you been in the role for?
I have been coaching since 1984, some of these riders include Jamie and Daniel Stauffer. I obtained my level 2 in 2005 at the AIS and just recently was elected onto the Board of Directors.
3) What is the best thing about being in your position?
Coaching most of the fastest kids in the country and seeing how much it has improved Dirt Track. Communicating with so many kids and young men that show you respect.
4) What is your favourite thing about the sport?
Being directly involved in helping young riders realise their potential, seeing their expressions of realisation at times when they donít believe they can and I coach them to the result.
5) What do you like to do when you are not at work?
I canít say relaxing, as I never do, probably training as I have a full weights gym at home and spending time with my best friends and family.
6) If you could invite any three guests to dinner, who would they be?
Ayton Senna, Mohammad Ali, Roger DeCoster.
7) What can't you live without?
My family, motorcycles.
8) What's your favourite book?
Anything with personal and physical development.
9) What is your ultimate sporting fantasy?
To do this all again but have the understanding to make smarter decisions at critical times of my career.
10) What is something that these readers may not know about you?
My personal side, only those closest to me see that. Most think my background is Dirt Track but only from a major back injury in a supercross in 1983, I would have pursued a motocross career, I loved it. At 40 I can still run a 40minute 10k, easy and train on motocross as much as I can.