THROUGHOUT the year there are a number of Government and Private Sector Grants that are available for your club to access.
As these grants become available Motorcycling Victoria will list them on this page to give your club easy access to the information and to keep you informed of the grants that are available.
For more information you can visit the Department of Transport, Planning & Local Infrastructure: FIND A GRANT.
Below are some of the current available Grant opportunities.
Active Club Grants
These grants help people in some of our most disadvantaged communities join their local sporting clubs. They also provide critical equipment to help those who would otherwise not be able to participate in sport; for instance, clubs can apply for funding for modified equipment for people with disabilities such as bell balls, bowling arms or portable ramps.
Eligible incorporated local sporting clubs and active recreation clubs are encouraged to apply.
Priority will be given to applications from clubs/organisations who can demonstrate that an Active Club Grant will increase opportunities for regular physical activity in their community.
Funding range of grant
This year VicHealth is offering clubs the option to apply for either the traditional grant of up to $3,000, or a larger grant amount of up to $10,000.
Submit your application by March 4, 2016: www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/acg
Physical Activity, Sport and Healthy Eating on firstname.lastname@example.org or 9667 1380
Athlete Pathway Travel Grants
The new Athlete Pathway Travel Grants program has two funding categories:
Category 1. State sporting associations
State sporting associations can apply for up to five grants per funding round on behalf of Victorian teams or individuals for travel and accommodation costs associated with competing at a national championship or an event or series of events constituting national selection trials. Applications may be submitted for an individual athlete or team/squad.
• Grants of up to $6000 are available for teams with a maximum of $1000 per team member.
- Grants for individuals are available up to a maximum of $2000.
Category 2. Community Organisations
Victorian clubs and community organisations delivering sport and active recreation opportunities can apply for up to two grants per funding round of $750 each to assist athletes, coaches, officials and teams with the travel and accommodation costs of training and competition. For example an athlete that is regularly required to travel to train with a state squad, or a regional club that is required to travel to a number of other towns in order to compete in their local competition.
2016 Funding Round 1
- Activity Commencement Date: 1 January 2016 – 30 June 2016
- Applications Open: 24 August 2015
- Applications Close: 30 September 2015
2016 Funding Round 2
- Activity Commencement Date: 1 July 2016 – 31 December 2016
- Applications Open: 21 January 2016
- Applications Close: 10 March 2016
Click here for more information on the Athlete Pathway Travel Grants.
Emergency: sporting and recreational equipment
These grants provide assistance to grassroots sport and active recreation clubs and organisations to replace essential sporting or first aid equipment that has been lost or destroyed as a consequence of fire, flood, significant storm event, theft or criminal damage.
Applications can be submitted by local community sport and active recreation clubs which:
- are non-government and not-for-profit
- are registered as an incorporated body. If the club or organisation is not incorporated it must arrange a legally constituted organisation to manage the funds.
- participate in an organised competition of a sport recognised by the Australian Sports Commission
- have satisfactorily completed the reporting requirements of any previous DTPLI grants.
Funding range of grant
Up to $2,000
- Equipment that is required for ongoing participation in an activity that is transferable to other participants and remains the property of the club/organisation (i.e. bats, match balls, equestrian jumps, racquets, gymnastic mats, team equipment kits and badminton nets)
- Injury prevention equipment that is transferable (i.e. goal post padding, batting pads, gloves, goalie gear, helmets and catcher’s gear)
- First aid equipment which is necessary for immediate attention to injury that may occur during participation in sport or active recreation
Up to 3 months after the loss or damage
- a quote from a supplier for the replacement cost of the equipment
- evidence of the loss or damage, such as a police report, photographs, newspaper reports etc.
SIGNIFICANT SPORTING EVENTS
The Significant Sporting Events Program helps sporting, community and event organisations to deliver significant sporting events in Victoria.
Private event organisations, National and State Sporting Associations, venues, Local Government authorities and not for profit organisations may apply.
Event Assistance Grants: Up to $20,000
Event Development Grants: Up to $300,000
This program is currently open and will close on 28 February 2018.
Provide the following supporting documents with your application:
- Event budget (draft version is acceptable)
- Evidence of support from the recognised State, National or International sporting body
- Previous event reports or evaluations
- Marketing and event plan (Event Development Grants only)
- Event bidding documents (Event Development Grants only where applicable)
If you would like to apply for a grant under this program, please first call 9208 3308 to discuss your event.